Plastic Comb Binding
Plastic Comb Binding is an economical and practical book binding solution.
Plastic comb books can hold a high volume of pages and are a perfect way to organise and present basic documents. Up to 600 pages can be bound with plastic comb binding.
There are no limits to the paper weights or paper types that can be used for plastic comb binding. You can choose from virtually any of our paper options.
Plastic comb books are usually supplied with a clear or frosted acetate/plastic cover and a thick ‘leather grain’ back cover. Many books have a thicker cover page behind the acetate cover.
Plastic combs, as well as back covers, are available in a wide range of colours.
Cover Features – Customise with your own print design.
Cover Media & Finishes – Typically supplied with a clear acetate front outer cover and a leather grain card back.
Additional Covers – A printed cover sheet of any paper type can sit behind the acetate.
Page/Thickness Limits – With 80gsm paper, maximum no. of pages is around 600.
Plastic Comb Colours – Black, White, Navy Blue, Red, Green, and more.
Sizes – From around A6 to A3
Plastic Comb books consist of a series of single sheets, usually with double-sided prints, that are hole-punched where the plastic comb is inserted.
– Artwork should be provided for the printed cover and the content in 1 file.
– The artwork should be set up as separate, individual pages to the final size with 5mm of bleed and crop marks. Our printer software will set up the artwork to print as a booklet.
– Ensure important text and images are at least 15mm to 20mm from the spine area to ensure holes are not punched through these.
– The total page number of the book needs to be a multiple of two.
– Save and send your file as a PDF.
It’s not uncommon for plastic comb bound books to have an acetate cover over the top of a heavier weight paper cover. Alternatively, you can exclude the acetate cover.
The full range of paper weight options are available for the cover and content.
Books are often supplied with a clear or frosted acetate front cover and a leather grain back cover that comes in a range of paper options.
Plastic comb bound books can be produced in a range of sizes, with the most common being around A4 or A5 size.
The range starts at around A6 and goes to A3 portrait or landscape.
The maximum thickness of plastic comb books is around 600 80gsm pages or 300 sheets.